Volunteers truly enrich our community and the lives of those we serve. We have lots of ways for individuals and groups to get involved, including:
- Do you want to volunteer your time to help individuals and families file accurate income tax returns? We are currently recruiting volunteers to assist our clients with 2022 tax preparation and filing through our Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program. Tax experience is not required. Free IRS certified training is provided. Time commitment begins in January for orientation with a firm commitment every Friday starting January 28, 2022 through April 15, 2022. Click on the job descriptions for more details on the specific VITA opportunities available: General Volunteer, Greeter Volunteer, Volunteer Translator, Traductor Voluntario, Tax Preparer Volunteer
- Share your skills in workshops with our clients. We love helping to enrich the lives of our clients through all kinds of activities ranging from computer literacy, preparing a resume, to knitting and arts and crafts workshops for clients.
- Support our agency’s Development and Administration Teams through these available volunteer positions: Graphic Designer for Print & Collateral Projects
- Read to children or assist in the classroom in our Head Start and Child Development programs on an ad hoc basis, as it fits your schedule.
- Help out to ensure safe crossing for children and families at legally marked pedestrian walkways to the community we serve by becoming a Crossing Guard.
- Help maintain and improve our facilities through projects like tending the gardens at our schools or giving a play area a fresh coat of paint.
- Board of Directors membership for select individuals – job description.
Ready to start volunteering? Sign up here.
Want to learn more about us and think about how you’d like to engage first? Join our list to learn about opportunities as they arise.
Cody Harris > Marin Mispucha
The agency helped us create a great day of volunteering, where we could all work together to make a real difference in a tangible way. The kids loved it, the parents loved it, and we can’t wait to be back.