UPDATED APRIL 3, 2020
As media coverage of the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak continues, we are all on alert—and I wanted to be in touch to share information and provide you with additional guidance about our agency’s response and services. Community Action Marin is open in solidarity with community and other support service agencies in the county.
We are taking measures to support staff and those we serve. Bookmark this page so that you can get the latest insights about our operations. Here is what you need to know about our response:
- Our Home Office at 555 Northgate Drive in San Rafael will continue to provide client intake over the phone (415-526-7500) and homeless outreach county-wide, as well as safety net services such as rental assistance, utility assistance, and emergency food boxes. We will also continue to offer financial coaching services (appointments available). We are no longer taking walk-in clients.
- Agency Orientations are paused thorough April 7, 2020 and all registered participants are being notified and rescheduled.
- Census2020 support will continue for 0-5 and homeless hard-to-count populations through our CARE Teams and emergency child care workers as we coordinate with others throughout the county. Questionnaire Assistance Centers are not open at this time but phone-in support to ensure you get the help you need is available.
- Warm Line Emotional Support is expanding hours! Starting March 23rd, our telephone peer mental health support services will be available from 9am to 12am (midnight) every day. If you or someone you know is feeling isolated, depressed, or anxious, call us at 415-459-6330 to speak with someone and get the emotional support you need.
- Call: 415-526-7500 to get all other questions answered and information to meet your needs. We are coordinating with the county, other community-based organizations, and the emergency response office to ensure we continue to meet the needs of our staff and families.
Children and Family Services Update
IMPORTANT: Child care services offered through Head Start, Early Head Start, and our Child Development Program are paused through May 3rd.
- We will provide each enrolled child across our programs with Brown Bag lunches for pickup Monday through Friday 10-11:30am. We are delivering to Marin City as well daily. Families, please check your text messages for details and ongoing updates. If you are an enrolled family and have questions, email us at email@example.com.
- We are providing essential workers’ families with child care support and will keep community updated as additional services may become available.
Please check our Facebook page for up-to-the-minute information as the situation unfolds. We are also sharing some health resources for all community here (Spanish), (Mandarin), and (English) from our partner Kaiser Permanente.
We are with you, and I look forward to healthy days as we support one another by following healthy hygiene protocols like good hand washing and containment as needed if we’re sick. Thank you for all you are doing to support your families, neighbors, and loved ones. We’re in your corner during this difficult time.
Chief Executive Officer