Medi-Cal Peer Support Specialist Certification Training
With over 30 years experience in community as a Peer Support provider and Peer Education Trainer, Community Action Marin’s Mental Health & Well-being Service’s team is excited to offer CalMHSA-approved, Medi-Cal Peer Support Specialist Certification Training.
Beginning November 14, 2022, these online, cohort style classes, will provide 20 individuals with the training they need to become a Peer Support Specialist and pursue a career in mental health.
- Recognition as a valued Peer Support Specialist
- Gain experience in the delivery of mental health and substance use disorder treatment
- Obtain skills needed for a position in the Mental Health profession
- Receive Financial, Credit or Career Coaching
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Possess a highschool diploma or equivalent degree
- Self-identify as having experience with the process of recovery from mental illness or substance use disorder, either as consumer of these services or as the parent, caregiver, or family member
- Have a strong dedication to recovery
- Agree in writing to adhere to a code of ethics
- Pay the pre-person price of $950 before the start of class
Request More Information and Register
To learn more about participating in our Medi-Cal Peer Support Specialist Certification Training, call Esmeralda Garcia at 415.526.7524 (9 am – 5 pm Monday-Friday) or send her an email by clicking the button below.