403 Fourth Street
San Rafael, CA 94901
CAM Energy Programs
Community Action Marin is the local administrator of the Federally-funded Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP). Our Energy Program also acts as a conduit to other energy assistance and residential conservation programs.
CAM Energy Programs Provide
- Once-a-year assistance in paying gas, electric, wood and propane home energy costs. Eligibility and assistance level based on household size, gross monthly income, and program priorities. (Program restrictions may change on an annual basis and according to funding availability.)
Referral to residential conservation programs
- Access to Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (weatherization), Department of Energy Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP), Energy Partners and utility-operated conservation programs.
Referral to other assistance programs
- PG&E-sponsored CARE program (20% discount on PG&E rates, FERA (Family Electric Rate Assistance), REACH (direct financial assistance), Utility Payment Arrangement, Medical Baseline and others.
- Eligibility and assistance level based on household size, gross monthly income, and program priorities.
- CARE Program application criteria in English and Spanish